The Board of Deacons helps guide the spiritual life of the Meriden Congregational Church and collaborates with the trustees and the co-pastors to foster the welfare of the church. It warmly welcomes members, friends and visitors at worship services.
The Board of Deacons is responsible for:
- Providing opportunities for the spiritual growth of individuals and the church body.
- Ministering to those in the church family by visiting and by encouraging new membership.
- Establishing policies related to worship, baptism, communion, wedding, funerals, membership and any other matter necessary for the spiritual functioning of the church.
- Serving as representatives of the people on church matters and attempting to resolve any conflicts or concerns.
- Supporting the pastors work in the spirit of the church mission which may include assisting during worship.
- Aiding the pastors in facilitating the smooth functioning of committees.
- Holding an organizational meeting for committees within one month after the annual meeting.
- Approving replacements for committee vacancies offered by the nominating committee and announcing their appointments at a worship service or in the newsletter.